The Westin Denver Downtown is dedicated to doing everything we can to minimize our impact on the environment. We proudly offer many "environmentally-friendly" programs, including our Make A Green Choice Program for our guests. We also provide sustainable meeting options for meetings planners looking to host sustainable meetings and events.
Energy & Water Conservation
- High-efficiency lighting in guest rooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Water conserving fixtures
- Regular preventive maintenance
- Make a Green Choice program
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing
- Dumpster monitoring
- Organic waste composting
- Elimination of Styrofoam packaging
- Environmentally preferred suppliers
- Environmentally preferred products
- Amenity management
- Alternatives to plastic bottled water
- Sustainable food and beverage options
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Low-emitting materials, such as paints, flooring and furniture
Green Awards and Recognition
- Awarded for being one of the most GREEN hotels in Colorado by the Colorado Hotel & Lodging Association.
- Awarded the 2010 Watts to Water Greatest Efficiency Improvement for recognition for the greatest percentage gain in energy and water performance ratings based on data comparison. The engineering team at The Westin Denver Downtown achieved an 80% improvement in energy savings year over year.
- Honored by Host Hotels and Resorts for a sustainability award recognizing a tradition of commitment to environmental responsibility.
Make a Green Choice
Conserving water, energy, and other resources is rewarding for you and great for the environment. Enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints® awarded at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure).
To participate in the Make a Green Choice program, please tell us at check-in or look for the door hanger in your guestroom.